Planning a big move can be frustrating. One of the biggest parts of the project is properly packing your possessions to prevent them from breaking or being damaged during transport. There are several packing tips that can help you protect your items during your move. A few of them include:
- Place the heaviest items in the bottom of the box
- Make sure each item is properly wrapped in either bubble wrap or packing paper
- Use tape to secure the packing material around the item to prevent it from unwrapping during transport
- When packing the truck, make sure to put the heaviest boxes and furniture items at the back and along the bottom
- Secure large pieces of furniture to the sides of the truck to prevent them from sliding or shifting if there is any open area in the truck
- Label each box according to what it contains and which room it belongs in when the truck is being unloaded
Proper labeling is the key to keeping your items organized during your moved. It also gives you an idea as to what boxes need to be unloaded first when you arrive at your new home.
The agents at TCU Agency can answer many of your questions when it comes to renter’s or homeowner’s insurance. Correctly packing your items for a big move can save you both time and money. It saves you time because you organize your items as you pack and money because there is less financial loss if fewer items arrive at their destination unbroken and without any damage. TCU Agency serves the greater Tuscaloosa, Alabama area and its agents are ready to help clients update their policies or write new ones depending on each person’s situation.